Wednesday, July 25, 2012

High Blood Sugar - Be steady on the insulin levels!

It's been a bit since the last time I posted anything. I had a bit of an issue with my glucose, it was getting high. My humans adjusted my insulin, but went too high. What happened is that my body reacted and instead of the insulin lowering my blood sugar it actually spiked. After consulting my Vet, my humans are now keeping me on a consistent insulin dosage. This has worked. My blood sugar levels are leveling off and I am getting back to normal. I had no signs of the higher blood sugar and my humans only knew about it as they test me regularly. It is important to test. My humans are now using my new AlphaTrak 2 meter. It requires a lot less blood and logs all my readings. Below are some pictures of my humans testing me:

My humans shaved my elbow for easy testing.


After a small stick with my lancing device, there is a bit of blood.
 This is my old meter, my humans now use the new AlphaTrak 2 meter.

I now take between 5 and 6 units of insulin.

No comments:

Post a Comment