Monday, June 25, 2012

Foxy The Dog's Story

Several years ago, I was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. You see, I had been rubbing my rear end on the ground and itching my ears. My humans thought it was allergies, but did not get better with the medicine. Then I broke out in sores on my skin. It was then diagnosed as auto immune. That started my Prednisone treatment. While the Prednisone worked, it caused some other problems. Last August 2011, I fell into the pool. My human got me out, but then I ran into the chair. They knew something was wrong. They called a local animal eye care doctor and took me in. While in the office, they checked my eyes but asked if they could check my blood sugar. They did and it was over 600! I had diabetes and had already gone blind. My humans rushed me to my regular vet, where they put me on IV and administered Insulin. That day my life with diabetes began.

No comments:

Post a Comment